• Vi invitiamo a ridimensionare le foto alla larghezza massima di 800 x 600 pixel da Regolamento PRIMA di caricarle sul forum, visto che adesso c'è anche la possibilità di caricare le miniature nel caso qualcuno non fosse capace di ridimensionarle; siete ufficialmente avvisati che NEL CASO VENGANO CARICATE IMMAGINI DI DIMENSIONI SUPERIORI AGLI 800 PIXEL LE DISCUSSIONI VERRANNO CHIUSE. Grazie per l'attenzione.

English conversation

LucaXY

Master Florello
Thank you very much, Luca :flower:

The fact is...that I had just written a screed (a little "papyrus" :lol:)
so I felt very very tired, voilà! (a bit of French is always a touch of class, isn't it? :lol:)

I remember that you did the liceo linguistico.... you have a good approach with the languages! :)

Sevi

Fiorin Florello
I remember that you did the liceo linguistico.... you have a good approach with the languages! :)

Yes, but I haven't practised English for ages :storto:

Understanding is "easy" for me, I usually read English books and watch English programmes on tv.
But you know...writing (in English) is quite another matter! :crazy:

Well, have a very good evening! :)

Ultima modifica:

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
Harma
really also without tv is difficult for me (after dinner) open a book and study english...
usually i prefer a little total relax....... for example: listening music etc

Good for you ,that you can find a moment for total relax,i cannot,that's why I do yoga one time a week and I like swimming and ofcourse gardening....

elena_11293

Master Florello
Something that might be helpful for you:

....now i tell you: my proposal for 2012 is to improve my english....

For the new year, people make resolutions, not proposals. What a guys does when he asks his girlfriend if she wants to marry him is a proposal, for example. Or, you can use that term when you suggest some kind of plan.

sure, duration form....
a little clarification: i wanted to say "now - in the present - etc etc"

Even though Sevi's (hi Sevi! nice to see you :D) explantion about the use of the 'have/had+been+ -ing' form --when speaking about actions and their duration-- is fine and perfect in your specific case (you were telling us about today and something that wasn't finished yet), you could use also the present tense: "I work", to mean that it's something you do every day, not just today, it's your daily routine and then it explains why you don't feel like studying English at night once you get home.

Belvedere,do what I did a year ago....I gave away my tv,you need a little bit of courage,but live life is better without.

Is that what you wanted to say? ('live' is the verb, 'life' the noun)

Elena can you explain to me please when you have to use living instead of lives..

I corrected that tense because you told us that your sister has been living in the States for 40 years, which means that at the moment she (simply) lives there: present tense, because that's her normal condition => then you'll say she lives in the US, not she is living there.

I think you could use the other form not when you speak about the place where someone lives, but when you want to say for example: "She is living her dream", "He's living a very stressful experience", "They're living their lives without caring much of what others think"... Does it make sense to you?

Good for you ,that you can find a moment for total relax,i cannot,that's why I do yoga one time a week and I like swimming and ofcourse gardening....

With 1 (or 2) you'll say: once (or twice). When it's 3 or more you'll say: 3(+) times

Good night :)

Ultima modifica:

elena_11293

Master Florello
hello everyone, it's nice to read something in english just here. I've never found a forum with such a discussion! I'm gled to partecipate and write somthing for you. You can ask me something. But first of all I' d like to ask you the reson for your interest in english. I've lived in London for 3 years and I miss that city very much. Have you ever been abroad?

Hi Diamanda, and welcome :)
My answer to your question about my interest in this language: summing it up, I decided to study it because I wanted to move abroad, so for some time (3 years I think) I attended both English and Spanish classes. I then stopped with Spanish because I had no way to use it and it felt like keeping learning grammar made no sense, in that case. Instead with English, especially thanks to the internet, it was easier and I could keep on and improve it. So far, I could spend only some months in the States, I was going to move and work there in 2007 but then the economy took the turn we all know and the whole project had to be postponed. Perhaps some day things will change and that door will open again, we'll see :)
In the meanwhile, I have many friends who live abroad and then chances to use my English quite often.

And you, what brought you here on this forum? Are you passionate about gardening in general or you are fond of some particular plant?

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
wow! what fantastic english lesson: thanks to luca, sevi and elena!

in fact my resolution for this new year could be to improve my english.
unfortunately i've no chance to go abroad for a long time, because last year i've bought my home and i spent all money for house renovation...:D

but often i think that many many years ago - almost forty! - i was able to make a conversation or to write etc.... then i've not spoken anymore... and all my english is forgotten!:cry:

some week ago i saw the old famous movie "metropolis" (1932): the movie is not in colours, but black and white, and it is a silent movie, with english subtitle... so to understand the story i stopped the screening every time to translate.... what a big stress! but also what a satisfaction!:hands13:

and now here i'm!

OT: can i consult google (only to search some words?) please tell me yes!:lol:

by bye :love_4:

Ultima modifica:

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
Elena,you was talking about the WordReference,and I was looking for something in Italian-Dutch,but I didn't find anything,can you help me please ? All my "ings" are okay?

LucaXY

Master Florello
wow! what fantastic english lesson: thanks to luca, sevi and elena!

in fact my resolution for this new year could be to improve my english.
unfortunately i've no chance to go abroad for a long time, because last year i've bought my home and i spent all money for house renovation...:D

but often i think that many many years ago - almost forty! - i was able to make a conversation or to write etc.... then i've not spoken anymore... and all my english is forgotten!:cry:

some week ago i saw the old famous movie "metropolis" (1932): the movie is not in colours, but black and white, and it is a silent movie, with english subtitle... so to understand the story i stopped the screening every time to translate.... what a big stress! but also what a satisfaction!:hands13:

and now here i'm!

OT: can i consult google (only to search some words?) please tell me yes!:lol:

by bye :love_4:

Yes you can! The important is to improve your English, but be very careful on the sentence's structure because it's not the same to Italian

Harma: I don't really know that vocabulary, it's better wait for Elena! :D

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
Diamanda wrote: hello everyone, it's nice to read something in english just here. I've never found a forum with such a discussion! I'm gled to partecipate and write somthing for you. You can ask me something. But first of all I' d like to ask you the reson for your interest in english. I've lived in London for 3 years and I miss that city very much. Have you ever been abroad?

perhaphs there are two mistackes... the right words are: glad and reason!

excuse me: everyone must correct other forum users? i hope... otherwise i carry on in my mistackes!

EntDooq

Aspirante Giardinauta
Some good music...:love:

[video=youtube;LOZuxwVk7TU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOZuxwVk7TU[/video]
I'm addicted to youu...

francoises

Giardinauta Senior
Oh my God.. Sparta and Athens??
Maybe we can change subject? maybe easier?' for example... mm.. i have no good ideas, but animals? food??

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
Mistakes without c...Where are our teachers?
Diamanda wrote: hello everyone, it's nice to read something in english just here. I've never found a forum with such a discussion! I'm gled to partecipate and write somthing for you. You can ask me something. But first of all I' d like to ask you the reson for your interest in english. I've lived in London for 3 years and I miss that city very much. Have you ever been abroad?

perhaphs there are two mistackes... the right words are: glad and reason!

excuse me: everyone must correct other forum users? i hope... otherwise i carry on in my mistackes!

marcobri

Apprendista Florello
[ Volevo provare ad aprire un topic in cui si parlasse solo inglese, tanto per provare a vedere; se i mod lo ritengo un po' troppo fuori luogo, lo possono pure chiudere :) ]

Da questo momento in poi, è assolutamente vietato parlare una lingua diversa dall'inglese.

Well, first of all good afternoon!
I've tried to open a new thread helping you to improve your English. Have you ever spoken this language? I usually speak english every day at school; the motto is: "use languages to learn; learn how to use languages.
Well, maybe you can say: Luca, I'm not good on this subject and I do not even want to improve it! :D
Users of gardening forum, you can say whatever you want, whatever pass in your mind, but do not use the transator! :lingua:

Have fun :ros:
you can try to became a topastro luca and enjoy yourself....but without right hand:lol: as tonio :hands13:

ezioske

Aspirante Giardinauta
sorry guys just read the first few messages and I did not notice there are 118.....by the way I wanna talk to you about permaculture. Is there anyone who knows what I am talking about ? I mean I do know what I am talking about just wanna share the knowledge with someone else who is interested in this topic
thanks very much

Alto