• Vi invitiamo a ridimensionare le foto alla larghezza massima di 800 x 600 pixel da Regolamento PRIMA di caricarle sul forum, visto che adesso c'è anche la possibilità di caricare le miniature nel caso qualcuno non fosse capace di ridimensionarle; siete ufficialmente avvisati che NEL CASO VENGANO CARICATE IMMAGINI DI DIMENSIONI SUPERIORI AGLI 800 PIXEL LE DISCUSSIONI VERRANNO CHIUSE. Grazie per l'attenzione.

English conversation

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
What does "Ma" means? Are you confused with italian? :lol:

ah ah... perhaps i had to change my glasses...
i'm just confused, of course.:eek:k07:
you're telling me there aren't any other mistackes? wonderful! what a surprise!

next time i'll write more, as you find many orrible mistackes!

now i say goodbye... i must to write a letter for my chief
have a nice afternoon!:hands13:

Ultima modifica:

LucaXY

Master Florello
Well, good evening! Are you so shy now? :lol:

Good%20Evening%20(30).gif

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
Good evening everybody!!!!
I have one question:Can I ask my sister to join us? She is living in America (Philadelpha) and after more then 40 years she really talks good English hahaha.....And she loves gardening.Ofcourse she don't speaks Italian,but that is not a problem here.....

LucaXY

Master Florello
I have one question:Can I ask my sister to join us? She is living in America (Philadelpha) and after more then 40 years she really talks good English hahaha.....And she loves gardening.Ofcourse she don't speaks Italian,but that is not a problem here.....

How can she joins us? Is she recorded on this forum?

elena_11293

Master Florello
I have one question:Can I ask my sister to join us? She is living lives in America (Philadelpha) and after more thean 40 years she really talks speaks good English hahaha.....And she loves gardening.Of course she doesn't speaks Italian,but that is not a problem here.....

Hi Harma :)

This is a public forum, then your sister can register and join us. I don't remember if there's a rule about writing only in Italian but, even in that case, as you said she could still post here, in this thread.

@ Finnigan's W., you could teach us some Irish word.

Claudio

Aspirante Giardinauta
He spends his evenings alone in his hotel room
Keeping his thoughts to himself, he'd be leaving soon
Wishing he was miles and miles away
Nothing in this world, nothing would make him stay

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
Claudio is it a song or a poem? did you write it?

now i tell you: my proposal for 2012 is to improve my english.
there is a little problem: i've no time for this engagement; every day after the job i make shopping for eat, then i've my dinner... and finally i stay on the sofa to watch tv...
but specially i am very very lazy

is harma's sister arriving?

see you soon (or better write you soon?!)

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
Belvedere,do what I did a year ago....I gave away my tv,you need a little bit of courage,but live is better without.
My sister don't want to join us,because she wants to use her time for other things....Tv takes away time but also the computer...
Elena can you explain to me please when you have to use living instead of lives..

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
sure, duration form....
a little clarification: i wanted to say "now - in the present - etc etc"

i believed your phrase was used to speak about a a different time (yesterday, two days ago etc); When may we say "i had been working..."???
sorry, just a great confusion!!:muro::storto:

Ultima modifica:

diamanda

Aspirante Giardinauta
hello everyone, it's nice to read something in english just here. I've never found a forum with such a discussion! I'm gled to partecipate and write somthing for you. You can ask me something. But first of all I' d like to ask you the reson for your interest in english. I've lived in London for 3 years and I miss that city very much. Have you ever been abroad?

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
Harma
really also without tv is difficult for me (after dinner) open a book and study english...
usually i prefer a little total relax....... for example: listening music etc

Claudio

Aspirante Giardinauta
hello everyone, it's nice to read something in english just here. I've never found a forum with such a discussion! I'm gled to partecipate and write somthing for you. You can ask me something. But first of all I' d like to ask you the reson for your interest in english. I've lived in London for 3 years and I miss that city very much. Have you ever been abroad?
Hello Diamanda,unfortunately I have never been abroad sorry my English is not perfect
I'm trying to learn

Sevi

Fiorin Florello
sure, duration form....
a little clarification: i wanted to say "now - in the present - etc etc"

i believed your phrase was used to speak about a a different time (yesterday, two days ago etc); When may we say "i had been working..."???
sorry, just a great confusion!!:muro::storto:

The duration form is right for your sentence :)

I'm sorry, 'cause I can't explain the rules to you, now. It's too difficult using the English language :storto:
I'll try, but I can't assure you that it will be a good idea, I tell you :lol:

I've been working since eight o'clock in the morning (lavoro/sto lavorando dalle otto di "stamattina").
This is the "duration form", indicating an action which began in the past, but still lasts at the present.

In plain words, it means "beginning and continuity" (or continuation, as you prefer).
Anyhow, a period of time leading up to the present, that is...we are thinking of the action going on :) :eek:k07:

It simply means:
1) that I began to work at eight o'clock in the morning
2) that I still work while I'm talking

N.B. You must pay attention to the negative form of a sentence that needs the use of the "duration form",
'cause a lot of people usually make a big mistake!

EX: I've been working for two hours (lavoro da due ore)

BUT: I've not worked for two hours (!) (Can you see the difference? :eek:k07:)

P.S. I link this simple and clear explanation of the "duration form".
I hope it will be useful. Bye! :flower:

P.S.2 Sorry, I was forgetting your first question :ros:

Ex: 1) I had been playing tennis for hours, when my mother called me for lunch (I hope it's right ahahah!!!)

Ex: 2) I found the calculator. I had been looking for it for ages
.........(Ho trovato la calcolatrice. La cercavo/stavo cercando da secoli)

Ultima modifica:

Sevi

Fiorin Florello
E se qualcosa non è giusto...cmq accattatevill' (o come caspita si scrive :D) sorry :ros:

P.S. e vabbè Luca! Non ce la facevo + in ingleseeeeee!!!
464747454.gif

I beg your pardon
189bbdde.gif

(anche x l'inglese stesso, of course
20axhn6_th.gif
)

Ultima modifica:

Sevi

Fiorin Florello
Hi Sevi!!!! You mustn't speak italian :lol:
Welcome in this "group" :ros:

Thank you very much, Luca :flower:

The fact is...that I had just written a screed (a little "papyrus" :lol:)
so I felt very very tired, voilà! (a bit of French is always a touch of class, isn't it? :lol:)

Alto