• Vi invitiamo a ridimensionare le foto alla larghezza massima di 800 x 600 pixel da Regolamento PRIMA di caricarle sul forum, visto che adesso c'è anche la possibilità di caricare le miniature nel caso qualcuno non fosse capace di ridimensionarle; siete ufficialmente avvisati che NEL CASO VENGANO CARICATE IMMAGINI DI DIMENSIONI SUPERIORI AGLI 800 PIXEL LE DISCUSSIONI VERRANNO CHIUSE. Grazie per l'attenzione.

English conversation

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
Let's talk about the birds and the bees and the flowers and the trees.....I'am joking..We can talk about everything,the most important thing is,that we write everything in a way without mistakes!!

elena_11293

Master Florello
Hi guys!

How are you doing?

I had to get my computer 'cleared' (literally) because it had caught some malware, I got it back only today.. Very glad to see that you kept on, with this thread :)

I read your last comments, here's something for you, just to catch up:

unfortunately i've no chance to go abroad for a long time, because last year i've bought my home and i spent all money for house renovation...:D......

The word that is usually used in these cases is: remodelling
(I don't know if 'renovation' is wrong)

OT: can i consult google (only to search some words?) please tell me yes!:lol:

Belvedere, you didn't read some of the previous messages! :cry: As someone said, I had just suggested a great online dictionary: http://www.wordreference.com/
Try it and let me know :)

excuse me: everyone must correct other forum users? i hope...

Well, I wouldn't say "must", but I think everyone is free to do it, if they feel like :)

Elena,you was talking about the WordReference,and I was looking for something in Italian-Dutch,but I didn't find anything,can you help me please ?

Oh, I'm sorry, there're only a few languages and Dutch is not among them :(

You can try these ones (but I don't know how good they are):
http://www.dicts.info/2/dutch-italian.php
http://translation.babylon.com/dutch/to-italian/#

All my "ings" are okay?

Yes, I think they work. Perhaps, instead of "you were talking about..", I'd say "you said/wrote", it sounds better to me. But it could just be a personal thing..

Let me know why you are laughing........or is it a segcret?????

elena_11293

Master Florello
Welcome to ezioske :)
I have friends who are into permaculture (they are planning to create a "green village"), but I don't know much about it: would you tell us more about it? It would be interesting!

Luca, did you do that debate at school, then?

To you all: have a nice evening!! :D

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
:Saluto:hey is today a goodmorning for you?
i tell you i become discouraged... Luca M in very busy and Elena said everyone in free to correct others... so i think i need a teacher because hardly i can understand my mistakes....:martello:

excuse me, this morning i'm just sad...:( i hope later it go better...
Elena: many thanks for the dictionary you show me!

Ultima modifica:

elena_11293

Master Florello
You are welcome, Belvedere :)

I hope that you already feel better.. Why were you discouraged? If there's something you don't understand and we can help with it, let us know.
Here it has been a wonderful Spring-like day, I couldn't resist and bought some primroses! :love:

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
Hello Belvedere,what's going on,why are you sad? I hope in the meanwhile you feel better...
:Saluto:hey is today a goodmorning for you?
i tell you i become discouraged... Luca M in very busy and Elena said everyone in free to correct others... so i think i need a teacher because hardly i can understand my mistakes....:martello:

excuse me, this morning i'm just sad...:( i hope later it go better...
Elena: many thanks for the dictionary you show me!

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
good morning to you!

dear harma and elena: yes, today i feel a little better....
i've no problem to understand the conversation of this topic, sometimes there is a new word... but immediatly i search on the dictionary...
but when i want to write to you... it is another thing..... i'm very slow .... i need to think too much before translate, instead i know it should be easier...
i don't make any improvement....
i need more exercise...

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
The same problem for me....a good reason to be here!!!!
good morning to you!

dear harma and elena: yes, today i feel a little better....
i've no problem to understand the conversation of this topic, sometimes there is a new word... but immediatly i search on the dictionary...
but when i want to write to you... it is another thing..... i'm very slow .... i need to think too much before translate, instead i know it should be easier...
i don't make any improvement....
i need more exercise...

elena_11293

Master Florello
Hello :)

Glad to hear that you feel better, Belvedere!

I can understand that frustration, I know how it feels when you want to say something but can't find the right word or way to say it.. But, as Harma says, writing here is a good exercise, as long as you write about something interesting to you.

That's just key: using our English to read, write, watch things about our interests. It makes the difference, because it's easier then, since it's not only a matter of will, then. Once it becomes a pleasant activity, you forget the frustration.

Anyway, I read about the earthquake.. Did it happen also where you live? I don't know if it was sensed also here, but I didn't feel anything. As you'll know, in this area we had a big one, many years ago (I was a little girl at that time, 1976), and I can still remember those days (well, months, actually!). I thought I would be scared, if I had to experience another one, but then I went to San Francisco and there there are tremors --quite strong ones-- often, and I have to say that I didn't feel really worried. It's not pleasant, but at least I didn't panic.

Btw, while I was writing this about the earthquake, I realized I didn't know how to say: 'sentire (un terremoto)', so I went to WordReference and search for it. These two threads were of help: http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=2088669 and http://forum.wordreference.com/showthread.php?t=1348675
(and now I learnt something new ;))

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
well: earthquake. another new word for me!
i've read all your message without understand what the word means... then it was clear!

yes it happen here, in genoa. i was working but i didn't panic..

now i'm going out... i have a good pizza for this dinner!

may be don't exist any word to translate pizza, it isnt'?

slurp!

see you tomorrow!!:love_4:

elena_11293

Master Florello
hallo my friends!
goodmorning to you
for everybody: yesterday evening i thought to my message and i had a doubt.
peraphs i had to write "may be don't exist any word to translate pizza, isn't it?
Be patience please!

Just ask whatever you want, Belvedere, if I can I'll answer :)

As for this question, you should have said: "Maybe, it doesn't even exist a word to translate 'pizza', does it?" (when you want to use a 'question tag', the verb in the second clause must be the same you used in the first one.
If it isn't a modal, then you'll use 'do/does/did' or 'is/are', according also to its tense and form (present/past/future/continous/..), just changing it: for example, if it's 'do' in the first clause, it'll be 'don't' in the second one; if it was 'don't' in the first one, it will be 'do' in the other one, and so on.

Have a good day! :)

Alto