• Vi invitiamo a ridimensionare le foto alla larghezza massima di 800 x 600 pixel da Regolamento PRIMA di caricarle sul forum, visto che adesso c'è anche la possibilità di caricare le miniature nel caso qualcuno non fosse capace di ridimensionarle; siete ufficialmente avvisati che NEL CASO VENGANO CARICATE IMMAGINI DI DIMENSIONI SUPERIORI AGLI 800 PIXEL LE DISCUSSIONI VERRANNO CHIUSE. Grazie per l'attenzione.

English conversation

elena_11293

Master Florello
Hello Luca :)

I read your previous post, thanks for that, it's really interesting what you do at school! And it reminded me of something I had just learnt recently, on the WR forum: I don't know if it could be interesting to you too, but the kind of courses you are attending are called 'honors classes' (at least, in the States).

Have a great day!

Ultima modifica:

Pico86

Giardinauta
I haven't read your previous post, i wanted only to use my english.

The pen is on the table, the door is closed, the dishes are clean, Bob is in the room...

EntDooq

Aspirante Giardinauta
Hi everyone!! Thanks to the creator of the topic, I love english!
Anyway It rellay gets me angry when people try to speak english using wrong words. But neither I like those people who speak english too much accurately. It's like, I've learned that we learn lot of rules but many times english people don't even know them. And I hate that school english study doesn't include words like gonna, gotta, wanna and so on. I really have improved my english better in 2 weeks in england than in 8 years in my school. That's why when you can't speak any other language, you learn very faster.
It is really bad how our society underestimate english. School studies are very reductive, courses are such like useless, they only are useful on getting school credits, because if you know things you can improve them, but if you start really by low level... they are impossible. I think I totally have learned by internet and by conversation with real english person.

elena_11293

Master Florello
I am really estonished by you fluent English!

The pen is on the table, the door is closed, the dishes are clean, Bob is in the room...

Hi guys! :)
If you want me to correct your English (well, the mistakes I'm able to correct), just let me know.

In the meanwhile, here another tip to improve and/or revise both your grammar and vocaboulary: when you learn a new word or expression (idiom, way to say, etc.), then think of and write down three sentences using them. It's a method that gave proof to work pretty well ;)

elena_11293

Master Florello
Hi Entdooq :)

Altho' I don't get angry at all if someone makes a mistake (as I said yesterday, I sincerely believe that the only important thing is just to speak or use a foreign language whenever you have the chance, no matter what your level is), I agree with you about learning another language (not only, I'd say) from different sources. Travelling/spending some time abroad is for sure one of the best ways we have for improving quickly. Reading and writing on the internet is another great one: as you said it happened to you, also for me it really made a difference, and made my English much more 'alive', 'real'. Books and lessons, sincerely, have been very helpful to me, especially for the grammar, but I consider them as a complement. If I had not used what I was learning there, I wouldn't be able to really use my English as I'm doing now. At the same time, it was good having way to ask some native about things I was 'learning' from the internet or by talking to other natives.
However, believe me or not (tip number three!) the best way to improve in a foreing language is: getting a boy/girlfriend from a Country where they speak that language ;D

Harma

Maestro Giardinauta
Hello,here I am....I am Dutch,and studied english a very long time ago on school.Maybe it will be a good idea to say when we make mistakes.....

elena_11293

Master Florello
On school or at school?

Hi Harma, and welcome :)

The correct preposition is 'at': you studied English at school. I guess now you are at work or at home.

ps: I like your avatar, with the smiley and the rainbow :)

Good morning to everybody...
I don't hunderstand.....nothing....but I go on see you
Kiss

Hello Giò! Perhaps you don't understand, but you do write in English :D Keep on, keep on!!

Ultima modifica:

EntDooq

Aspirante Giardinauta
Hi Entdooq :)

Altho' I don't get angry at all if someone makes a mistake (as I said yesterday, I sincerely believe that the only important thing is just to speak or use a foreign language whenever you have the chance, no matter what your level is), I agree with you about learning another language (not only, I'd say) from different sources. Travelling/spending some time abroad is for sure one of the best ways we have for improving quickly. Reading and writing on the internet is another great one: as you said it happened to you, also for me it really made a difference, and made my English much more 'alive', 'real'. Books and lessons, sincerely, have been very helpful to me, especially for the grammar, but I consider them as a complement. If I had not used what I was learning there, I wouldn't be able to really use my English as I'm doing now. At the same time, it was good having way to ask some native about things I was 'learning' from the internet or by talking to other natives.
However, believe me or not (tip number three!) the best way to improve in a foreing language is: getting a boy/girlfriend from a Country where they speak that language ;D

Hi :) I think you're right, I meant it's bad when people try to use english as they are experts or something, and they make such stupid mistakes... But I appreciate when people use english even if they are on a low level and even if they sometimes make some mistake, but being conscious of their level.
I have such a bad opinion of school because I always had teachers unable to teach. My current english teacher likes talking about my female classmates' clothes or the recent school's gossip much more than have lesson.

Hello,here I am....I am Dutch,and studied english a very long time ago on school.Maybe it will be a good idea to say when we make mistakes.....

Hi :)
I often make stupid mistakes like the -s when the person is he-she-it when I'm writing fast. When I talk... Well that's a problem because I'm still at a low level with verbs and I often get wrong when I use them in talking. Anyway when I went to England they never correct me, maybe just because they were ashamed but I prefer to think that it was a correct dialect form... :pP

elena_11293

Master Florello
EntDooq, I do many mistakes myself, and have to say that the more I learn the more I seem to forget basic stuff! But I learnt to accept it, and I could actually see that it's even a way to learn some more :)
As for schools, I think I understand what you says. I hope that your present teacher is doing all that gossiping in English, at least, so you can learn something from it too ;)

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior

hi Elena, now i try to speak with you, but sorry i forgot the language, because I studied it many many years ago. my memory now is... ko.
only one question: do you speak/write usually so much???!

i'm happy to see this thread, i hope to learn and remember something again....

bye bye

mr LucaM: please don't kill me for my mistackes!!:cry:

belvedere

Giardinauta Senior
... once upon a time i spoke english easy (i love english so much)

but now is very very difficult for me... i understand what i read, but when someone is talking i undestand nothing ... i hope in you, my teacher!

(10 minutes to write these words is really too!!)

Claudio

Aspirante Giardinauta
Some verses from the song "Imagine" by John Lennon:
Imagine there's no heaven
It's easy if you try
No hell below us
Above us only sky
Imagine all the people
Living for today

LucaXY

Master Florello

Hi everyone!! Thanks to the creator of the topic, I love english! ...
Do not use this word because it means "argomento" or "tema", you have to use "thread"....

I've seen that you enjoy so much this thread!
How are you? Have you had a nice day :flower:?

LucaXY

Master Florello
I see lots of people that only watch this thread without writing or your're shy that you only put "I like"... come on! Let's hear your wonderful voice :D!

Ultima modifica:
Alto